Warm Crab Spinach and Parmesan DipFrom nlo209 5 years ago
- 2 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion shopping list
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 can crab meat, drained, picked over shopping list
- 1 10 oz. pkg. frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- toasted baguette slices shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter with oil in heavy pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic; saute until onion is tender, do not brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add flour; stir 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in stock and cream; bring to boil, whisking constantly. Cook until mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Stir in crab, spinach, cheese, sour cream and cayenne. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Serve warm with toasted baguette slices.
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
The Rating4 people
I love dips and this sounds fantastic. Thanks for the recipeangel29 in Ajax loved it
LOvin this one too...so glad I have time to catch up on my recipe viewing today! You tired of hearing from me yet?? LOLsparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
This sounds fantastic! I could have it for supper! I might share with my husband, but that's it.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!