Thai-Styled Basa with Almond Crust and Sweet Chili GlazeFrom merlin 6 years ago
- 4 basa fillets, about ½ lb each (you could use flounder, catfish or any thick white fish) shopping list
- 1/3 c. ground almond shopping list
- 1 small bunch fresh basil leaves, chopped finely shopping list
- 2 t. cajun seasoning shopping list
- 2 T. cream sherry shopping list
- 2 T. nut oil, walnut, almond or peanut shopping list
- 1-2 t. hot sauce, optional shopping list
- 4 T. Thai sweet chili sauce shopping list
- olive oil spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine almond, basil, Cajun seasoning, sherry and oil. Test for spiciness and add hot sauce as desired.
- Spray a baking pan thoroughly with olive oil spray. Place fish filet in pan and cover with the almond paste. Pat down. Spray with a bit more olive oil spray.
- Cook until the fish is done and the crust gets “crusty”. Spoon chili sauce on each filet. Cook about 2 minutes more until sauce begins to glaze.