Vegan Mango CakeFrom cgendy 7 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp corn starch shopping list
- 2½ tsp baking powder shopping list
- ¾ cup margarine shopping list
- 1 cup of sugar shopping list
- ¾ cup of mango puree shopping list
- 1 ½ cup soy milk shopping list
- ¼ cup Marachino Cherrys shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 tub Cool Whip or your favorite white frosting shopping list
- Dried pineapple Pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift the flour, corn starch and baking powder and mix together.
- Blend the margarine, sugar and mango puree together and add the dry mix in 2 parts.
- Pour in the soy milk and blend together thoroughly.
- Fold in the nuts and the marachino cherries.
- The mixture should be quite thick.
- Grease two 8in cake pans and pour in the cake mixture.
- Bake for approx 30-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before garnishing or it will ruin the cake.
- Frost the top of one layer, leaving the outside inch not frosted with the Cool Whip or White Frosting.
- Place second layer on top and frost the top of that one.
- Garnish with Pineapple slices in circles using big thicker slices on the outside and smaller thiner slices going in as pictured.
- Or for a quick treat, just dust with some powdered sugar.