Scalloped Potatoes With Cheddar Cheese SauceFrom bigstmpr 9 years ago
- 3-slices of bacon fried crispy and crumbled in sm. pieces. shopping list
- potatoes about 6 t0 8 medium size white or red potatoes. shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese. shopping list
- 1 medium sliced onion or you can dice them but they are better sliced. shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
- 2 rounded tsp. of margerine or butter. shopping list
- 3 rounded tsp of flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of milk can use half and half shopping list
- 1 tsp of chopped garlic fresh or canned . shopping list
- can use your favorite seasoning salt if you like instead of the garlic. shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the onion and potatoes. slice both not to thin and not to thick.
- place in a sauce pan and bring to a boil and boil for about 5 to 7 minutes thill kind of transparent look to the potatoes. drain and blace in a greased baking dish or roasting pan.
- now make the cheese sauce by taking two rounded tsp of margerine and melt. then slowly add the flour if not enough butter to make the flour where it is almost runny then add more a little at a time. after the flour is now mixed with the butter add some salt and pepper . just a dash of each. now slowly add the milk stiring and on medium heat bring to a low boil and boil till thickened and now stir in the cheese and pepper and the garlic.
- add the bacon to the cheese sauce and stir pour over the potatoes and onions that are in your baking dish and add a little more chees to the top and place into a oven at 350degrees till potatoes are done and the cheese is done and starting to brown. now its ready to serve.
- TO CHANGE THESE POTATOES I SOME TIMES USE CLUMBLED BACON BITS (HOME MADE) I ALSO USE CHOPPED BROCCOLI CHOPPED INTO SMALL PIECES.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookbigstmpr Edgewood, WA
The Rating3 people
On A Budget559 members
I Like Food83 members
Comfort Foods776 members
Southern Essentials226 members
Short Cut Cooking221 members
Whole Foods142 members
Seattle Foodies39 members
Good Down Home Southern Food197 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Family Favourites134 members