Cream of Broccoli SoupFrom riverrat715 9 years ago
- 2 bunches fresh broccoli shopping list
- 2 qts chicken stock or chicken flavored boulion for vegetarian shopping list
- 2 cps half and half shopping list
- 4 tbs butter shopping list
- three tbs flour shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- cut broccoli into florets and set aside
- cook stems etc. in broth until tender.
- remove from broth and puree in blender
- make a rue of flour and butter
- add broth, nutmeg and seasonings
- add pureed broccoli
- steam florets just til tender
- stir broth mixture til just begins to thicken
- add half and half
- add florets and serve with crusty bread.
- This is really delicious
The Cookriverrat715 Small Town, WI
The Rating1 people
Hi Riverrat! This is one of my all-time favorite meals-can't get enough of it.Thanks so much for posting and I hope the weather is nice where you're at.(it's 41 and gloomy/rainy out here)but nevertheless...a perfect day to COOK!
Carrie ;)hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!