Quick Chicken Pad ThaiFrom elle 8 years ago
- 8 oz dried rice stick noodles shopping list
- 3/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1/4 fish sauce (see note above) shopping list
- 1/4 lime juice (from 2 limes) shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 TB veg oil shopping list
- meat from 1 rotisserie chicken (about 3 cups) , shredded to bite sized (discard skin) shopping list
- 4 minced garlic cloves shopping list
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- chopped peanuts shopping list
- green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Cover the noodles with hot tap water and soak until softened but not fully tender (20 minutes).
- Drain and set aside.
- Whisk the 3/4 cup water, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken and garlic and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add noodles and fish sauce mixture and cook until the noodles are fully coated with the sauce, or about 3 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts and cilantro to the pan and cook, tossing constantly, until noodles are fully done, or about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with peanuts and green onions.