Autumn Curry Tomato Soup with TofuFrom eyecook 9 years ago
- 1- 1lb package extra firm tofu (like White Wave), diced into 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 dices shopping list
- 1 medium to large onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 - 28 oz can of diced tomatoes (like Muir Glen Fire roasted) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, diced shopping list
- 1 heaping T curry powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 3 T butter or to make it vegan, olive oil shopping list
- handfull green beans, chopped into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 5 white or cremini mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- Braggs liquid aminos shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, over medium heat, stir in the butter or oil, add curry powder, paprika, garlic and onion. Saute for 2 minutes stirring till onion is transparent
- Add potatoes and stir to coat, cook 1 minute
- Add 2 cups water or more, just till potatoes are covered. Cook 5 minutes
- Add carrots, diced tomatoes, green beans and cook till potatoes are done. About 10 miunutes or so.
- Add water if soup seems too thick.
- Last of all add the diced tofu and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Season with Braggs, serve with crusty french bread with butter
The Cookeyecook Ironwood, MI
The Rating3 people
I use Brags In my soup too.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Easy, vegan, versatile, and super yummy! Loved it! :)
I ended up using about 1 and a half cup of frozen veggies (we were out of fresh ones), and I only made half, but it was the perfect soup for a rainy autumn day - warm and filling, but not too...moreweresheepie in Powder Springs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!