Leftover StroganoffFrom hollyeats 7 years ago
- 1 large or 2 small onions, cubed shopping list
- 1 shallot, chopped shopping list
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, pressed or crushed shopping list
- 2 TBS olive oil shopping list
- 1 large or 2 small cans sliced mushrooms, drained shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 lb. leftover meat, cut into strips shopping list
- 3 cups beef broth shopping list
- About 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary shopping list
- Pinch dried marjoram shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. Mrs. Dash seasoning shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 3/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- Scant 1/2 cup fine flour shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pan, sauté the onions, shallot and garlic in olive oil.
- When soft and aromatic, add mushrooms and stir around a bit.
- Add leftover meat and beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, add spices and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk sour cream and flour together in a small bowl.
- Raise heat under the sauce again and add the sour cream mixture, stirring, until well combined.
- Bring just to a boil, stirring, and lower heat again immediately.
- Stir until thickened.
- Taste, adjust seasoning and serve over rice or wide noodles.
- Nobody will guess this is a leftover meal!
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
The Rating1 people
I have leftover meat all the time - usually I just make it into spinach salads, but this sounds really good and pretty figure friendly. I'll have to try this soon!turlak in Spring loved it
We had this a couple of nights ago and it was wonderful. I served it over steamed cabbage and made it with fresh mushroom (my kiddo didn't even notice them either - it is one of the only things she doesn't like). It was very flavorful without being t...moreturlak in Spring loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!