Sugar Cookie CutoutFrom jones2888 5 years ago
- 2/3 cup shortening (plain ol' Crisco) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs, well-beaten shopping list
- 1 t. vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- Optional: shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- colored sugar sprinkles shopping list
- icing shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream shortening with an electric mixer, adding sugar gradually. Cream this mixture well, then add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add this mixture into the shortening/sugar mix.
- It will be thick so you may have to finish mixing by using your hands.
- Shape into a large dough ball.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch on a floured surface.
- Use cookie cutters and place dough on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- If you are using sugar sprinkles, using a basting brush, brush milk on cookie dough, then garnish with sprinkles. Be careful not to get the sugar on the pan (it's hard to remove and will burn).
- Bake on 400 degrees F for about 8-10 minutes. If you want a softer cookie, bake for 8 minutes. For a crunchier cookie, bake for 10 minutes.
- If using frosting, wait 20 minutes or so until cookie is cool.
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!