Potato Spinach And Artichoke SoupFrom netty_angel 5 years ago
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and quartered shopping list
- salt shopping list
- One 9oz box frozen artichokes, thawed (canned is fine too) shopping list
- Two 10oz boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed shopping list
- 2 tbs butter shopping list
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 block cream cheese shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 4 pinches ground thyme shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus more to pass around the table shopping list
How to make it
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Salt the water, lower the heat and simmer until fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot and dry out.
- Place the veggies in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze dry.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter in the olive oil.
- In a blender, blend the cream cheese and milk.
- Add mixture to boiled potatoes and mash together.
- Season with pepper and thyme
- Stir in the chicken broth
- Stir in remaining veggies and heat through about 2 minutes.
- Stir in parmigiano-reggiano
- Thin the soup with a little water if desired.
- Enjoy with some crusty bread.