Banana-walnut MuffinsFrom netty_angel 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/3 cup golden raisins / any dried fruit or chocolate chips (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 bananas) shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt / Kiefer shopping list
- 1 larg egg shopping list
- 4 tbs of unsalted melted butter / vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with baking liners. If you don't have liners, that's okay you can use a non-stick muffin pan or non-stick spray, or vegetable oil. In a small bowl, ***mix 1/4 cup sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon.***
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the banana, yogurt and egg with a fork. Stir in the butter and wet ingredients into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fill the lined muffin cups with the batter. Sprinkle the reserved cinnamon-sugar mixture on top.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out dry, about 20 minutes.
- ***Note*** Instead of topping with cinnamon and sugar, you can spread a little honey on top each muffin and then sprinkle the cinnamon on top. That way you use a little less sugar***