Shrimp with Lime Butter SauceFrom hayamaktoum 7 years ago
- 1/2 c. freshly squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) chilled butter, cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- 3 T. corn or peanut oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. medium-large shrimp, shelled and deveined shopping list
- 6 butter lettuce leaves shopping list
- 1 avocado thinly sliced shopping list
- a few restaurant style tortilla chips, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Boil lime juice in small saucepan over med-high heat until reduced to about 2 T. Remove from heat. Whisk in 2 pieces of butter 1 at a time. Whisk in remaining butter 1 piece at a time, setting over very LOW heat only as needed for butter to melt to a creamy stage.
- Prepare plates with one lettuce leaf, a slice or two of avocado and a few tortilla chips on the side if desired.
- Heat oil in large heavy skillet over med-high heat. Add shrimp and stir-fry until just pink and opaque (probably about one minute).
- Place shrimp on each plate on the lettuce leaf. Pour sauce over. Serve immediately.
The Cookhayamaktoum New York, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!