Easy Coconut Curry ChickenFrom sean_mcgee 7 years ago
- 2 lbs. chicken breast or Thigh (Boneless/Skinless) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil (optional) shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Five spice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of Yellow or Red curry powder shopping list
- 12 oz. of unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1 cup of bamboo shoots shopping list
- 1 cup of cilantro (Chinese parsley) shopping list
- 1/4 cup of Thai basil (optional) shopping list
- salt to Taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cut raw Chicken into bite size strips or chunks.
- Heat the Vegetable Oil in a Wok on medium-high to high heat.
- Add the Chicken, 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of the Curry Powder, ginger and Five Spice to the Wok.
- Cook Chicken till done.
- If using Chicken Breasts, remove from Wok and set aside when done.
- If using Chicken Thighs, do not remove from wok.
- Add Coconut Milk, Bamboo Shoots, remaining clove of garlic (minced) and remaining Curry Powder to Wok. Bring to a simmer.
- Once simmer point is achieved, put Chicken Breasts back into Wok. (disregard this step if using Thighs)
- If available, add Thai Basil.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over Jasmine Rice. Garnish with fresh Cilantro.
People Who Like This Dish 37
The Cooksean_mcgee San Antonio, TX
The Rating7 people
This sounds devine! Gotta make it soon..shirleyoma in Cove loved it
great recipe, did you took the picture?
nakedchef in Taichung loved it
Thanks, I needed a quick and different chicken dinner. I had all the ingredients on hand and my house smells wonderful just now.
skyduchess in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!