Dutch Oven Pineapple ChickenFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup light molasses shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 6 chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard shopping list
- 2 Tbsp oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 8oz. can sliced pineapple shopping list
- 1 16oz. can sweet potatoes, drained shopping list
- rice or noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat dutch oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in plastic bag.
- Slice chicken breasts into strips.
- Coat chicken breasts in flour mixture.
- Brown in hot oil.
- Drain pineapple, pouring juice into mixing bowl.
- Mix pineapple juice, molasses, mustard, and vinegar.
- Place chicken and potatoes in dutch oven.
- Brush with half of the sauce.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with pineapple, brush with remaining sauce, cook 30 minutes more.
- While cooking last 30 minutes, prepare rice or noodles so it is ready at the same time.