New And Improved Crock Pot Pork Chili VerdeFrom wilz 7 years ago
- 3 lbs pork shoulder shopping list
- 28 oz can green tomatillos shopping list
- 7 oz can of diced green chili's shopping list
- 10 oz can of diced red tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tbls cumin shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- pinch of pepper shopping list
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 5 anaheim chiles shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers shopping list
- 1/2 bottle of mexican beer(i use Pacifico or Tecate) shopping list
How to make it
- Clean and de-seed the anaheim and jalapeno chiles. Dry good, rub with a little oil and cook under broiler turning ever few minutes. Chiles will be a little black but not entirely when done. Put Chiles into a ziploc bag for about 10 minutes. Now easily remove the skin and add to crock pot.
- Chop the garlic and dice and brown the onion in a skillet with a little oil. Put into crock pot.
- Cut the pork into cubes. Add to skillet and cook until just brown on sides. Put into crock pot.
- Deglaze pan with beer and pour into crock pot.
- Chop tomatillos in food processor or blender.
- Pour tomatillos, green chili's, cumin, salt and pepper into crock pot.
- Stir everything together.
- Cook on High for 1 hour.
- Switch to Low and cook for another 7 hours.
- (crock pot liner works great)
- Serve with refried beans and rice. Makes Excellent burritos!
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookwilz San Bernardino, CA
The Rating5 people
This sounds wonderful! I am bookmarking to try. Thanks so much...lunasea in Orlando loved it
Yum! I can't wait to try this! :)bakermel in Topeka loved it
Sounds good!lanabade in Goshen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!