Greek Chicken KabobsFrom elaina253 8 years ago
- Marinade: shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary shopping list
- Chicken: shopping list
- 1 pound Foster Farms Boneless Skinless Breast Tenders shopping list
- Kabobs: shopping list
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges shopping list
- 1 large green bell pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large shallow baking dish, mix the yogurt, feta cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Place the chicken in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- 2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- 3. Thread the chicken, onion wedges, and green bell pepper pieces alternately onto skewers. Discard remaining yogurt mixture.
- 4. Grill skewers on the prepared grill until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
The Cookelaina253 Federal Way, WA
The Rating5 people
This recipe is a keeper! The flavors of the marinade all work together so well and make for a very unique dinner.
Thank you Elaina!davidwhittaker in Avon Lake loved it
Great flavor!! I got to marinade mine about 2 1/2 hrs. I have never thought of using cheese in a marinade...how interesting!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
I have bad luck with skewers in generally but these turned out really well. We substituted fresh herbs from our garden in place of the dried, but other than that followed the recipe as written. The flavor was very good.jaybird in Wake Forest loved it