Pretzel Crusted Chicken With Cheesy Mustard SauceFrom pinkmonkey 7 years ago
- 1 zip lock type plastic food storage bag shopping list
- 4 small, boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 5-ounce bag of salted pretzels, any shape shopping list
- 1 tablespoon thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- vegetable oil, for frying shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 3/4 pound/ 2 1/2 cups, cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 2 heaping tablespoons spicy brown mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Pre heat oil in a pan to a medium heat (1/4 inch deep).
- Place 1 chicken breast (and a little water) in the bag and seal it up, pushing out excess air. Use the bottom of a heavy pot or pan and pound each breast until flat, just shy of busting out of the bag. Repeat with the other 3 chicken breasts.
- Blend pretzels in a food processer until fine.
- Mix ground pretzels, thyme and ssome salt and pepper in a shallow dish (like a dinner plate)
- Beat eggs and pour into a second dinner plate with a splash of water added.
- One at a time coat each fillet in egg and then ground pretzels.
- Add chicken to pan (do 2 batches if necessary - about 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through).
- To make cheesy mustard sauce sauce
- Heat butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk and when it starts to thicken add cheese and mustard and stir (figure of 8s!)
- When it has melted completely its ready - drizzle over chicken and serve with lots of veg or salad.