Chocolate Marshmallow Cashew FudgeFrom tippystclair 5 years ago
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- Dash of salt (not needed if you use salted cashews) shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla essence shopping list
- 10 large or 25 miniature marshmallows (white or colored) shopping list
- 4 oz cashews, crushed into large pieces shopping list
- veg oil shopping list
How to make it
- Oil a cookie sheet with the veg oil (for thin fudge) or a square jelly roll or cake pan (for thicker fudge)
- In a saucepan combine the sugar, cocoa powder and milk
- Cook to the soft ball stage*
- *Bring to a rapid boil, stirring occasionally. Boil until the mixture becomes the thickness of thin pudding. The mixture will be foamy. Put a drop on a cold saucer and wait for a few minutes. When mixture on plate is shiny and doesn't stick to your finger, it's ready. Don't give up. Keep boiling! It will be thin for a while but will thicken up eventually. Be patient!
- Turn down the heat to very low and stir in the butter. This will immediately cut the foam and make the mixture shiny.
- Stir in the salt (if you are using unsalted nuts) and vanilla.
- Stir in the marshmallows. You can melt them completely or not. It's up to you. I melt the large ones, but don't melt the miniatures.
- Stir in the nut pieces.
- Turn off the heat and pour QUICKLY into the parepared pan. Make sure you use a wooden spatula to scrape and spread the fudge.
- Allow to cool before cutting or breaking into squares.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!