Almond Honey CrescentsFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 cup butter softened shopping list
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey divided shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup almonds finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add 3 tablespoons honey and mix well then mix in flour until dough holds together.
- Form into a ball then wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or longer.
- Divide dough in 4 portions then on a floured board roll each portion into a 9” circle.
- Combine 2 tablespoons honey and lemon juice then mix well.
- Brush dough with honey mixture then sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon over entire surface.
- Combine almonds and dried cherries then drizzle remaining honey over mixture and mix well.
- Spread 1/4 almond mixture onto circle of dough stopping 1/2" from outer edge.
- Cut into 8 triangular pieces then roll from wide outer edge toward tip.
- Gently bend both ends to form a crescent.
- Place on oiled parchment paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate 20 minutes or longer.
- Repeat with remaining dough and filling then bake at 350 for 25 minutes and cool on racks.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
This sounds great! Thanks for the post Chefmeow! I bet a nice brown-sugar cinnamon filling would just put this recipe over the top! you got my 5cgendy in Manalapan loved it
I can't wait to make these. I love making doughs with cream cheese and butter and the addition of the almonds makes this recipe sound just perfect. Thank you once again for another wonderful recipe!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Thanks for the post, these are great!redkitchen in Murfreesboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!