Fiddle Faddle PopcornFrom tippystclair 8 years ago
- 8 cups of popped popcorn, or 1 bag of microwave popcorn shopping list
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, peanuts or pecans shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1//2 cup light brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp saltor 1 tsp if popcorn is unsalted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F/170C/Gas Mark 4
- Pop popcorn and put it in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Line a cookie sheet with baking parchment and spread the nuts evenly. Bake for 10 minutes until criispy.
- Combine sugar, butter and salt in a saucepan and heat, but DO NOT BOIL, stirring to blend well.
- Remve the nuts from the oven and add to the popcorn.
- Pour the sugar/butter mixture over the popxorn and nuts and stir until everything is well coated.
- Spread the mixture out onto a cookie sheet (no baking parchment, you can use a very thin coat of veg oil) and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly, then remove it from the pan with a spatula. and put it in a large bowl It will become more crisp as it cools in the bowl.
- You can use any type of nuts you like, or no nuts at all. If you don't like nuts, or have a nut allergy, just increase the amount of popcorn by 2 cups. You can also add raisins (don't bake them).
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!