creamy asparagus casseroleFrom sweetnrose 9 years ago
- 1 lb.asparagus shopping list
- 3 TBS butter shopping list
- 3 TBS flour shopping list
- 1 small onion finely minced shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups swiss cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 hard boiled eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. dried tarragon shopping list
- 6 saltine crackers shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cut asparagus into 2-3 inch lengths and blanche.
- Saute onion in butter until transluscent.
- Add flour to make a rue. Cooking for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook until it starts thickening.
- Add cheese, salt, pepper, thyme and tarragon.
- If cheese sauce seems too thick add some more milk.
- If too thin, cook a bit longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Place asparagus in a greased 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Layer sliced eggs on top and pour cheese sauce over all.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in a 375 degree oven.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and crumble crackers on top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake additional 10 minutes or until top is browned a bit.
The Cooksweetnrose Ripon, WI
The Rating4 people
have made similar recipe delicous as am sure yours is too thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
My sister served this dish for Thanksgiving looking for something different and it was a hit. Great recipe thanks for posting and you have my 5kytigger in Louisville loved it
yum and not hard two reasons to try this thanksmaywest in Tangerine loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!