Champagne ChickenFrom celtic_queen33 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- Dash of pepper shopping list
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts halves, flattened shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup champagne or white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; lightly dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet; add chicken, and cook about 6 minutes on each side.
- Add champagne and chicken broth; cook over medium heat about 12 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and whipping cream to skillet; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, just until thickened. Add chicken, and cook until heated.
- Serve with rice or cous cous