Elderberry WineFrom kismet 7 years ago
How to make it
- Put the flower in a sterilized glass jug
- Boil 3 pounds of sugar for 2 minutes with a gallon of water and pour over the flowere while still boiling hot.
- Put in the Juice of 2 Lemons,grate the peels and add them
- When the "Must" is lukewarm,add the bakers yeast (or) wine yeast "Starter"
- Fit on a fermentation lock
- Let ferment for seven days
- Then siphon the liquid into another sterilized glass jug
- leaving the flowers and sediment a much as you can behind
- Remove the flower pulp and wring out the liquid in a dish towel and put it in the new glass jug
- Boil 3 pounds of the sugar about 2 minutes in a gallon of water
- Leave coo to lukewarm and add the "Must"
- Put on a fermentation lock and leave ferment until all fermentation stops
- Then siphon or "rack" into another clean sterilized glass jug filling it to the toop so no air is in the jug.Use old wine to fill up the air space
- Leave "Polish" or clear.
- When clear siphon into bottles and cap.
- Note: Know you would probably never use ,but thought it was a pretty neat recipe to read.
The Cookkismet TX
- Not added to any groups yet!