Asparagus and Ham CasseroleFrom hayleesgrandma 9 years ago
- 1 (1-ounce) slice white bread shopping list
- 3 3/4 cups uncooked extra-broad egg noodles shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups (1 1/2-inch) sliced asparagus shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed ham (about 8 ounces) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1/2 cup.
- Cook pasta in boiling water 7 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus; cook 1 minute. Drain.
- Lightly spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Place flour, thyme, salt, and pepper in medium bowl; gradually add milk and broth, stirring with a whisk until well-blended. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion; saute 4 minutes. Add milk mixture; cook until thick (about 4 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in juice. Combine the pasta mixture, milk mixture, ham, and parsley in large bowl; spoon into a 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!