Sweet and Sour Green Beans And CarrotsFrom wdsdy 6 years ago
- 1 cup chopped carrots, sliced in rounds shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen cut green beans shopping list
- 2 slices bacon, or more if you like! shopping list
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 medium apple (Jonathan, Granny Smith), peeled, cored and cut into wedges shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Combine carrots and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add green beans; return to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Saute onion in drippings until tender.
- Stir in apple, vinegar, sugar and salt; cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until apple is tender.
- Stir in green bean mixture, and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Place in a serving dish, and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
The Cookwdsdy GA
- Not added to any groups yet!