Chicken and Asparagus CasseroleFrom wdsdy 6 years ago
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen asparagus spears shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika, or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste shopping list
- 6 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced pimiento shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce (Tabasco), or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese, or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Grease a 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Cook asparagus according to package directions; thoroughly drain, then put in baking dish, arranging spears to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder; mix well.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add chicken, and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels, and arrange on top of asparagus.
- Combine soup, whipping cream, pimiento, salt and hot sauce; stir until blended.
- Spoon over chicken, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly.