Cheese Eggplant Thyme and Honey TartletsFrom deliathecrone 8 years ago
- puff pastry (about 9 oz for 8 tartlets) shopping list
- Sainte Maure cheese or your favorite cheese shopping list
- 2 small eggplants, Italian type shopping list
- Fresh thyme shopping list
- honey (flower, liquid) shopping list
- A few pink radishes shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- chive flowers shopping list
- Fleur de sel shopping list
- fresh cracked pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the eggplants and slice them across the fruit. Place them in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let rest for 30 min, so that they release some water.
- Use paper towel to pat them dry. Heat 2 to 3 Tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook them on each side for about 2 to 3 min. Add more oil if necessary. Keep on the side.
- Roll your dough smoothly into 4 inch squares.
- Make small holes with a fork, leaving a border.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 min.
- Preheat your oven at 410-degrees F.
- Take the dough out and place a slice of eggplant on each square. Add one to two slices of Sainte-Maure, or whatever cheese you've chosen to use.
- Sprinkle with some fresh thyme and a dash of olive oil. Season with pepper. Cook for about 15 to 20 min.
- Once golden in color, remove the tartlets from the oven.
- Top each with fresh slices of radishes, fleur de sel, a chive flower and 1/2 tsp honey. See the pictures above for demonstration of service.
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!