Chicken and Apple SauteFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tart apples thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 white onion sliced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 4 boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 cup apple juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vinegar cider shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In heavy skillet heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium high heat.
- Cook apples, onion and thyme for 4 minutes then remove to bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet then cook chicken turning once for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Set 1 tablespoon apple juice aside and pour remaining apple in skillet along with vinegar.
- Cover and simmer 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- With slotted spoon remove chicken to platter and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch with reserved apple juice then stir into skillet.
- Cook over high heat scraping up any browned bits for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return apple mixture to pan and heat through then season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon around cooked chicken.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!