Old Fashioned American Pot RoastFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2-1/2 pounds boned bottom round roast shopping list
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 teaspoon butter shopping list
- 1 stalk celery cut shopping list
- 3 medium carrots cut in chunks shopping list
- 6 new potatoes with skins shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 cup robust red wine shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sage shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled sweet basil shopping list
- 1 cup beef consommé shopping list
- 3 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 2 yellow onions sliced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Heat broiler and season roast with pepper.
- Place meat on broiler pan rack and broil about 4” from heat until brown on all sides.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325.
- Combine onions, garlic, consommé, wine, tomato paste and spices in a Dutch oven.
- Add beef and bring it to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Cover tightly and transfer to oven and cook for an hour and a half.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and celery and continue baking for another hour.
- Slice meat into 1/4" slices and arrange them overlapping slightly on a heated serving dish.
- Set potatoes and carrots around meat and keep warm.
- Puree onions, celery and meat juices in an electric blender or food processor.
- Add butter to a heavy skillet and set over moderate heat for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir in the gravy then keep warm over low heat until ready to serve.
- Spoon sauce over the beef and sprinkle everything with parsley.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!