Mexican Chicken Rice And Bean Casserole BakeFrom 5kill5 5 years ago
- 3 cups cooked rice shopping list
- 2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 can black or kidney beans, drained and rinsed (no more than 19 oz) shopping list
- 1 jar of (hot) salsa (16 oz) shopping list
- 2 cups cooked frozen corn shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 12 oz can of evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease/spray a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix together in a large bowl the rice, beans, chicken, salsa, corn, cumin, garlic, oregano, chili powder, cayenne and stir.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium low heat.
- Stir in flour with a whisk until thick and bubbly.
- Lower heat and slowly stir in milk, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken stock, salt and pepper and continue stirring until thick and bubbly again.
- Take care not to scorch or burn the milk.
- Combine the butter mixture with the rice and chicken mixture in the large mixing bowl and stir together.
- Pour into casserole dish and spread mixture evenly.
- Cover with cheese and bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish with sour cream and chopped green onions. Goes great with tortilla chips or wrapped in a soft tortilla.
The Cook5kill5 Willoughby, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!