No-Boil Cheese Lasagna No MeatFrom grandmacooks 8 years ago
- 9 ounce box no boil lasgna (I like the flat kind that comes 16 sheets to the box) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 15 ounce container ricotta cheese shopping list
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella (divide into 2 cups, 1 cup, and 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (divide in half) shopping list
- 2 jars of your favorite pasta sauce (26-32 ounces each) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray. Make sure the dish is at least 2 inches deep or deeper.
- Beat eggs in a medium sized bowl, then stir in ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Now you are ready to layer your lasagna. You will want to slightly overlap the sheets. If they don't go all the way to the edge, don't worry, they will spread some as they cook. Make sure you spread fillings all the way to the edge to seal the noodles in so they don't get hard and crispy. If your box of pasta contains a different amount of sheets, you will need to figure out how many for each layer. I have used the wavy brand with fewer, bigger sheets, but didn't like it as well as the flat one in the blue box.
- Bottom layer: Spread 1 cup sauce over bottom of pan.
- Next layer: Layer 5 sheets pasta, then cover with 1/2 the ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella and 1 1/2 cups sauce.
- Middle layer: 5 sheets pasta, then rest of ricotta mixture, 1 1/2 cups sauce.
- Top layer: 6 sheets pasta covered remaining sauce, then 1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup parmesan.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until bubbly, about 50-60 minutes.
- Uncover and cook about 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes.
- Cut into portions and serve.
- Original recipe with meat made 12 portions, I estimate my version at 10, depending on how hungry you are!