Oyster Pan RoastFrom jovi_nutt 9 years ago
- 16 freshly shucked oysters with 1/2 cup of thier liquor shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons bottled ketchup-style chili sauce such as Heinz shopping list
- 2 teaspoons wocestershire sauce shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt shopping list
- 1/2 stick ( 1/4 cup) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 slices crusty bread, toasted shopping list
- paprika to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a metal bowl or a double boiler set over saucepan of simmering water, stir together oysters with thier liquor, chili sauce, wine, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt and 2 tablespoons butter and simmer, stirring occasionally, just until edges of oysters begin to curl, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream and bring to barely to a simmer ( do not let boil).
- Put toast in 2 bowls and top with reamining butter. Ladle oyster mixture over toast and sprinkle with paprika.