Emerils Homemade Worcestershire SauceFrom deliathecrone 9 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 6 cups coarsely-chopped onions shopping list
- 4 jalapenos; with stems and seeds, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly-ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 cans anchovy fillets shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salt shopping list
- 2 medium lemons; whole, with skin and pith shopping list
- 4 cups dark corn syrup shopping list
- 2 cups Steen's 100 % pure cane syrup shopping list
- 2 quarts distilled white vinegar shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 3/4 lb fresh horseradish; peeled, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the oil, onions and jalapenos in a large stockpot over a high heat. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Add the garlic, pepper, anchovy fillets, cloves, salt, lemons, corn syrup, cane syrup, vinegar, water and horseradish. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 6 hours or until the mixture barely coats a wooden spoon.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or preserve in hot sterilized jars, following manufacturer's instructions.