Cranberry Orange Polenta CakeFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 navel orange, Seedless shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 Cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 3/4 Cup All Purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 Cup cornmeal shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- Dash Of salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cup cranberries (Optional) shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the orage into quarters, and place into a food processer, including the rind. Pulse until finely grated.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add flour, baking powder, cornmeal, oil, salt, and orange into the bowl, and stir with a wooden spoon just until combined. Fold in the cranberries.
- Grease a 9 inch cake pan, and pour the batter into the pan. Place in the preheated oven on the center shelf and bake for about 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool before removing from pan. Once cool, lightly dust the top with the powdered sugar.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
So good... and love the way of using the whole orange, it will make the cake tender and fragant. I found that almost any cake bakes nicely as muffins. I baked whole tangerine muffins some time ago and they were great too. I have just baked two batch...moreinmaculada in Palma De Mallorca loved it
Savory dessert type things seem to be gaining popularity. The two I've tasted were WONDERFUL, I look forward to trying this one. = )sunny in Portland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!