Blue Ribbon White BreadFrom taylorsue82 9 years ago
- 1 .25 ounce active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm watter(110degrees f or 45 degrees c) shopping list
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water 1/4 shortening melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 6 cups bread flour shopping list
- 2 table spoons butter melted shopping list
How to make it
- In small bowl dissolve yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup warm water. Let stand until creamy about 10 minutes.
- In large bowl combine yeast mixture with evaporated milk 1/4 c water shortening honey salt and 2 cups bread flour. Stir well to combine. Stir in remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time, beat well after each addition. When dough has pulled together, turn onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in bowl turning once to caot with oil. Cover with damp cloth and let rise in warm palce till doubled about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Poll out each half and roll into loaf shapes ,sealing seams by pinching. Place in buttered 9x5" loaf pan. Butter the tops with melted butter, cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place until doubled about 30 minutes. Place a small pan of hot water on bottom shelf of oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. un cover loaves and bake untill tops are golden brwon, about 25-35 minutes. Brush butter onto crust while warm.
The Cooktaylorsue82 Wapakoneta, OH
The Rating1 people
Oh I love homemade bread, can't wait to give this a try.cutemonkey in STMarys loved it