MRS WILKES SAVANNAH RED RICEFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- 4 STRIPS lean bacon shopping list
- 2 MEDIUM onions CHOPPED shopping list
- 2 MEDIUM GREEN BELL- pepperS , SEEDED AND CHOPPED shopping list
- 2 CUPS COOKED long grain white rice shopping list
- 1 - 16 OUNCE CAN stewed tomatoes juiceS INCLUDED shopping list
- 1 CUP tomato juice shopping list
- salt AND pepper TO TASTE shopping list
- TABASCO SAUCE TO YOUR TASTE HOTTER OR MILDER YOU CHOOSE. shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 325 DEGREES F.
- IN A LARGE SKILLET, FRY THE BACON OVER MODERATE HEAT TILL ALMOST CRISP AND DRAIN ON PAPER TOWELS, RESERVING GREASE IN THE SKILLET.
- CRUMBLE BACON, ADD THE ONIONS AND BELL PEPPERS TO THE SKILLET AND COOK, STIRRING, TILL SLIGHTLY BROWN, ABOUT 10 MINUTES.
- ADD THE RICE, TOMATOES, PLUS THE THEIR JUICES, AND TOMATOE JUICE, SALT AND PEPPER, AND TABASCO SAUCE AND COOK,STIRRING,5 MINUTES LONGER.
- SCRAPE THE MIXTURE INTO A GREASES 2- QUART CASSEROLE DISH AND BAKE, COVERED, TILL THE RICE IS SLIGHTLY DRY ABOUT 30 MINUTES....... AND SERVE WITH YOUR MAIN DISH
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating2 people
I used to eat there every chance i got when i lived there. I loved the rice especially with the chicken.i cant wait to try it myself.thanks for sharing this one.maywest in Tangerine loved it
Oh good ole Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House, such good food there. Love living close by to this place and Paula Deen's ;0) This is a very good recipe, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it