Twice As Nice Rice-ideas For Leftover RiceFrom divaliscious 8 years ago
- 1 -2 cups left over cooked rice - We had out 'Basmati Oh So Nice Rice' posted here which we served the previous night with the added loads of fresh minced cilantro and scallions. shopping list
- 1 celery stalk - rinsed and minced shopping list
- 1 onion minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh toasted almonds shopping list
- 1/2- 1 cup of raisins shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
How to make it
- Reheat rice - either in your microwave (which I refer to as the nuker) or in a pot in the oven.
- Take 1 cup of boiling water and reconstitute (big word here) raisins in heat-safe bowl so they become plump.
- In a skillet, sautee up the onions and celery with a little butter/olive oil or veggie oil - whatever your preference, till onions are translucent and celery still has some crunch to it. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Throw almonds in same skillet and toss till toasted and set aside.
- Once rice is heated through, drain off raisins well then add to rice, add sauteed onions and celery and stir rice till all ingredients are combined.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds on top - and voila - the rice is ready for round two.
- You can easily put this all together and stuff your bird - add chopped toasted instead of the almonds and you got yourself one heck of a rice stuffing!
- Rock on with your Twice as Nice Rice!