Asiago Chicken PaniniFrom rdh14 5 years ago
- To serve 2, these sandwiches are huge and fililing for most. so may be cut in half and paired with a nice side and salad to feed four. shopping list
- 6-8 chicken tenders, salted and peppered shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- olive oil to coat bottom of a nonstick pan shopping list
- 1 large red pepper, cut into wide strips shopping list
- 4 large slices of fresh pumpernickel shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mayo shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 8 fresh large basil leaves shopping list
- grated asiago cheese, about 1/2 cup. or you can use slices to cover bread, if you prefer. shopping list
- thinly slice red onion shopping list
- olive oil to brush outside of bread shopping list
How to make it
- In a nonstick pan, heat up oil. Add garlic and be careful not to burn. When it is lightly toasted, add chicken.
- Meanwhile, mix together mayo and dijon mustard, and spread onto one side of two pieces of pumpernickel. Lay a coating of asiago over the mixture. Lay 4 basil leaves over each layer of asiago.
- Go back to the chicken and turn. Do not burn it, you want to cook it slowly. Once turned and beginning to cook on the other side, move the chicken over and add the strips of red pepper. Continue to cook both together, turning the red pepper as needed to soften up. When each are finished, remove to the side. Red peppers should still have some crispness left.
- Lay an equal amount of red pepper over the basil leaves and follow with red onion and chicken tenders. Top off with other piece of pumpernickel and brush both sides with some olive oil before placing them in the panini press or grill to help them crisp up. Remove when cheese is melty and bread is toasted. Enjoy!
The Cookrdh14 Niles, IL
The Rating3 people
This sounds just too good, would love one now and it's only 10:00 a.m. Thanks!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
What a wonderful recipe and I adore paninis - so I cannot wait to taste this. It's sound so easy and yet so divine, with all the flavors going on. I'm planning on trying this this coming weekend and I'll come back and rave about it - no doubt. Tha...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
And I bet it rocked with those potatoes....gosh, you are making me so hungry! I love it...lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!