Sweet and Sour Stir FryFrom grizzlybear 5 years ago
- tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch strips shopping list
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 1 cup 2x1/2-inch red bell pepper strips shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar shopping list
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, packed in juice, undrained shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-3/4 teaspoons Equal for Recipes shopping list
- or 6 packets Equal sweetener shopping list
- or 1/4 cup Equal Spoonful shopping list
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen pea pod shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in wok or skillet. Add chicken; cook until chicken is no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add water chestnuts, pepper and onion to wok; cook until vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and vinegar in small bowl; stir to dissolve cornstarch. Add pineapple with juice, ginger and salt. Add to vegetable mixture; cook until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in Equal. Add pea pods and chicken; cook until pea pods and chicken are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.