Un-Cheese Sauce for PastaFrom deliathecrone 8 years ago
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 shallot, finely diced shopping list
- 1/3 c oat flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 1/4 tsp paprika shopping list
- 2 c soymilk, heated shopping list
- a couple squirts of catsup (optional, mostly for color) shopping list
- 1/2 c nutritional yeast shopping list
- 1 small tomato, diced shopping list
- splash of lemon juice shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan, then add the shallots and cook for a couple minutes.
- Whisk in the flour, cayenne, paprika, and dijon to make a thick roux. Slowly add the soymilk a little bit at a time, allowing the mixture to continuously bubble between additions.
- If the sauce gets too thick, add a little more soymilk (it should be like a very very thick cream, but still pourable).
- Add catsup if using.
- Remove from heat and stir in nutritional yeast, tomatoes, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour this over cooked pasta, stir to coat evenly, and bake in the oven at 350-degrees F for 20-25 minutes until the top just starts to brown.
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!