Jamaican RiceFrom ceejay11 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 large red onion shopping list
- 1 red apple, cored and cubed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups brown rice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dark molasses or treacle shopping list
- 2 small banana, sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and red apple; cook until onion is translucent.
- Season with curry and stir in water.
- Add rice and molasses, cover and cook until rice is tender and water absorbed.
- Gently fold in banana and sprinkle coconut on top.
- Heat through and serve.