Heavenly Corn MuffinsFrom westsloper 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups stone ground cornmeal shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 can whole corn kernels, rinsed and drained (may substitute frozen or fresh, of course) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin(s) and dust with cornmeal.
- Mix all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl, then add corn kernels to dry ingredients and stir to blend.
- Beat eggs lightly in separate bowl, then add oil and buttermilk and whisk till combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir just till combined.
- Pour batter in prepared tins (easiest using an ice cream scoop). If you do not have enough batter to fill a second muffin tin, fill the remaining empty cups with water so they do not burn.
- Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Start checking after 25 minutes or so and trust your nose.
The Cookwestsloper Takoma Park, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!