Ginger Carrot CakeFrom oregongrandma 7 years ago
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1-3/4 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups finely shredded carrot shopping list
- 3/4 cup cooking oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup dried currents shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, stir in carrots, oil, dried currents and ginger. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture. Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 min. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Frost with Cream Cheese frosting and sprinkle with toasted pecans if desired.