Ginger Chicken CurryFrom fergie 7 years ago
- 1kg pack boneless skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 thumb-size piece of fresh ginger , peeled and very finely chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves , finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder shopping list
- 15g pack fresh coriander , chopped shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil shopping list
- 2 Medium onions shopping list
- 1 tsp ground turmeric shopping list
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk shopping list
- 1 fresh red chilli , deseeded and sliced shopping list
- 1 chicken stock cube shopping list
How to make it
- Slice each chicken thigh into 2 or 3 large chunks,
- Put in a bowl with the ginger, garlic, chilli powder
- half the coriander, lime juice and 1 tbsp of the oil
- Stir well, then cover and leave in the fridge to marinate until ready to cook
- For the best flavour, do this in the morning or, better still, the night before.
- Peel and quarter the onions & very finely chop them in a food processor. For this curry you want the onion really fine
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan, then add the onion and stir-fry for about 8 mins until soft.
- Stir in the turmeric and cook for 1 min more, stirring well.
- Add the chicken mixture with the marinade and cook over a high heat until the chicken changes colour
- Pour in the coconut milk, add the chilli and stock, then cover and simmer for 20 mins until the chicken is tender
- Stir in the remaining coriander, then serve with pilau rice or naan bread.