Boiled FrostingFrom scearley 6 years ago
How to make it
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in a saucepan. Place over moderate heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Continue to boil to soft ball stage (You need a candy thermometer for this: the soft ball stage will be 239°F on a dry day or 242°F on a humid/rainy day)
- Meanwhile beat eg whites in a large bowl unti lstiff.
- Add syrup in a thin stream, continuing to beat rapidly.
- Add vanilla and continue to beat until cold and stiff enough to hold shape.
- This can be kept in the fridge for several days. When ready to use, beat in 1/2 tsp of boiling water to soften the frosting.