University Of Charlestons Vegetable LasagnaFrom dottiet 8 years ago
- 2 pounds dry lasagna noodles shopping list
- 4 pounds carrots, in 1/4-inch slices shopping list
- 4 pounds zucchini, in 1/4-inch slices shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 pounds mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons thyme shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oregano shopping list
- 6 pounds cooked and drained spinach shopping list
- 1 quart part-skim ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 quarts shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1 gallon white sauce (made with 1 pound butter, 1 pound flour and 1 gallon milk) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil noodles for 6 minutes.
- Add carrots and zucchini; continue to boil until vegetables and noodles are tender. Drain.
- In large skillet, cook onions and mushrooms with herbs in olive oil until tender.
- In bowl, mix spinach with ricotta and set aside.
- Make white sauce by melting butter; stir in flour, cooking 1 minute or longer; stir in milk; cook until thickened.
- Layer sauce, noodles, vegetables, spinach mixture then mozzarella; repeat, using all ingredients. (Amount is for regulation steam table-size pan.) Sprinkle top with Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- Makes 24 servings