French Vanilla Custard PieFrom kidaria 7 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 11/4 c all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/ tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, chilled, cubed shopping list
- 2 tbsp water shopping list
- custard shopping list
- 4 lg eggs slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 21/2 c scalded milk shopping list
- 1/2 c white sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- pinch of nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Pulse flour, sugar, salt and butter in processor until crumbly.
- Gradually add water and pulse to bind.
- Knead and roll out on pie plate. Flute edges if you like.
- Heat milk over medium until tiny bubbles form around the edges.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in scalded milk. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 350 degress for 35 to 40 minutes until set.
- Cool and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating5 people
Excellent recipe!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Thanks for sharing this recipe! Love custard! would love this as a pie or by itself! MMMMMM!!momto4 in Orillia, On, Canada loved it
Yummy! Fresh fruit and whipping cream are very good suggestions. With fresh peaches it's excellent! You can even make a cream 'Madame' (blend custard with the whipping cream). Thanks for this delicious recipe!pariscipes in Paris&Lyon loved it