Almond Tea CakeFrom desertgypsy 8 years ago
How to make it
- With an electric mixer or food processor beat butter, almond paste until smooth
- Add sugar and eggs and continue to beat until smooth
- Combine flour and baking powder and add to mixture and beat until smooth. The batter will be thick.
- Spread into a greased baking pan, 8x8 or larger
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Cool completely before cutting
- This cake has a crispy outside and softe inside
- I serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla mousse and fresh berries, or toasted almond slices
The Cookdesertgypsy Santa Clara, NM
The Rating2 people
This sounds wonderful! I love a simple almond cake with freshly whipped cream and a few berries - simple yet elegant. Bookmarked to try. Thanks!irishiz in Annapolis loved it
I bookmarked and commented on this 11 months ago and finally got to try the recipe. Intensely almond!! I was trying to make them as miniature cupcakes and they were just a little too intense because I needed to frost them too. I added about a half...moreirishiz in Annapolis loved it
Sounds great!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!