Avocado Lobster Rolls with Spicy Cilantro Dipping SauceFrom grizzlybear 5 years ago
- Rolls: shopping list
- 2 cups lobster meat, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons marinated sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped shopping list
- ¾ cup firm ripe avocado, diced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 8 each egg roll wrappers shopping list
- 1 each egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 cups peanut oil for frying shopping list
- 1 recipe dipping sauce - follows shopping list
How to make it
- Combine lobster, shallots, tomatoes, avocado and lemon juice, tossing gently to combine. Divide mixture into 8 portions. With one wrapper corner pointing toward you, brush edges with egg and place filling about 1 inch from bottom corner and 1-inch from each side. Fold up envelope-style, sealing filling firmly. Refrigerate for 30 mintues.
- Heat oil in deep pan or wok over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, fry 2 rolls at a time about 3-4 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels. To serve, cut each roll in half on the diagonal. Place on individual lettuce-lined plates and serve with dipping sauce. Garnish with cilantro.
- Dipping Sauce:
- ¼ cup lite seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons limeade concentrate, thawed
- ½ teaspoon tamarind concentrate or pulp
- ½ cup cilantro, firmly packed
- ¼ cup roasted cashew nuts
- ½ cup plus 2 teaspoons light
- olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil in food processor or blender until chopped. With motor running, add oil and process until blended. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight for best flavor.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating2 people
Oh you have my heart with this one....how wonderful.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
here is yet another imaginative way to use up that pesky extra lobster in the fridge. with a bit of an oriental twist it sounds great. i will try this the next time i find that errant crustacean wandering around the middle shelf.misterpeter in Southwest Harbor loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!