Avocado Lobster Rolls with Spicy Cilantro Dipping SauceFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- Rolls: shopping list
- 2 cups lobster meat, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons marinated sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped shopping list
- ¾ cup firm ripe avocado, diced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 8 each egg roll wrappers shopping list
- 1 each egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 cups peanut oil for frying shopping list
- 1 recipe dipping sauce - follows shopping list
How to make it
- Combine lobster, shallots, tomatoes, avocado and lemon juice, tossing gently to combine. Divide mixture into 8 portions. With one wrapper corner pointing toward you, brush edges with egg and place filling about 1 inch from bottom corner and 1-inch from each side. Fold up envelope-style, sealing filling firmly. Refrigerate for 30 mintues.
- Heat oil in deep pan or wok over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, fry 2 rolls at a time about 3-4 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels. To serve, cut each roll in half on the diagonal. Place on individual lettuce-lined plates and serve with dipping sauce. Garnish with cilantro.
- Dipping Sauce:
- ¼ cup lite seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons limeade concentrate, thawed
- ½ teaspoon tamarind concentrate or pulp
- ½ cup cilantro, firmly packed
- ¼ cup roasted cashew nuts
- ½ cup plus 2 teaspoons light
- olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil in food processor or blender until chopped. With motor running, add oil and process until blended. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight for best flavor.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating2 people
here is yet another imaginative way to use up that pesky extra lobster in the fridge. with a bit of an oriental twist it sounds great. i will try this the next time i find that errant crustacean wandering around the middle shelf.misterpeter in Southwest Harbor loved it
Oh you have my heart with this one....how wonderful.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!