Quick Rich Biscuit ToppingFrom divaliscious 6 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups of self rising flour or Bisquick which is what I used. shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup or more of whole milk shopping list
- 5 tablespoons melted butter - yes butter. (I used unsalted) shopping list
- 1 casserole or chicken pot pie type dish needing a biscuit topping. shopping list
- Oven at 375-400 for 25-30 minutes. shopping list
How to make it
- Measure out dry ingredients and place into bowl.
- Add milk and egg and stir.
- Add melted butter and add to mixture. Stir till well combined.
- I did not roll this out nor did it touch a board, but rather grabbed it into my hands and patted it out gently in my hands as if I was starting to work a pizza pie dough - throwing gently back and forth to help 'stretch it'.
- The dough is not terribly too sticky yet it is wet enough with the butter (enough to kill a small horse) that it should be very easy and quick to pat out , not stick to your hands and then simply place on top of your casserole dish.
- Bake in hot oven for 25-30 minutes and serve it up.
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating3 people
Oh yummy! I make a fish/seafood pot pie (sounds weird, but tastes really awesome) and I think this would make a gorgeous topping for it. I usually make mini, individual ones in ramekins. I am going to try this tonight. :) Thanks for the recipe.grumblebee in Calgary loved it
Looks wonderful! Biscuits are my one weakness, I love them!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Very nice, great photos, too. Just the homey topping my family would love.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!