Quick Rich Biscuit ToppingFrom divaliscious 9 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups of self rising flour or Bisquick which is what I used. shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup or more of whole milk shopping list
- 5 tablespoons melted butter - yes butter. (I used unsalted) shopping list
- 1 casserole or chicken pot pie type dish needing a biscuit topping. shopping list
- Oven at 375-400 for 25-30 minutes. shopping list
How to make it
- Measure out dry ingredients and place into bowl.
- Add milk and egg and stir.
- Add melted butter and add to mixture. Stir till well combined.
- I did not roll this out nor did it touch a board, but rather grabbed it into my hands and patted it out gently in my hands as if I was starting to work a pizza pie dough - throwing gently back and forth to help 'stretch it'.
- The dough is not terribly too sticky yet it is wet enough with the butter (enough to kill a small horse) that it should be very easy and quick to pat out , not stick to your hands and then simply place on top of your casserole dish.
- Bake in hot oven for 25-30 minutes and serve it up.
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating3 people
Very nice, great photos, too. Just the homey topping my family would love.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Looks wonderful! Biscuits are my one weakness, I love them!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Oh yummy! I make a fish/seafood pot pie (sounds weird, but tastes really awesome) and I think this would make a gorgeous topping for it. I usually make mini, individual ones in ramekins. I am going to try this tonight. :) Thanks for the recipe.grumblebee in victoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!